Thursday, January 22, 2015

Life Plan

Danaisha has a Life Plan! 
 All my life I have had a plan set out for me. My life plan has changed a little bit but it has stayed in the same direction. Here is my life plan! Usually the average fourteen year old is worried about boys or friends etc. But me, I am worried about different things. I'm more interested in passing a test and making money - something a fourteen year old shouldn't be worried about. Or should they? I wouldn't know, I can only speak for me.

But I think I should start off with how I got ahead of all the things I shouldn't be worried about. My mom was very helpful, she helped plan through anything that I might have trouble with in my lifetime. What jump-started this was when I started doing my work and listening (yes, I still had friends and I would still hang out with people, I just knew when it was time to work).

So one day I was doing research for my Exploring Careers class. I had to find out what my interest where, what I liked to do for a hobby etc. I loved to be professional, on time, and prominent. It took some time but I figured out that I wanted to pursue my career in business management. I decided this because I like to be in charge of things and get things done. I also wanted to make sure that I had good money. And since my parents were in the military, I felt I wanted to keep on the tradition. I decided I want to get a job in Air Force for Communications Technology, they make around $48,000-$125,000 a year which I thought that would get me a good head start.

But first I have to plan for college, good thing I've already done that. I want to get a trade from college and build off my trade. I would join the military so that they can pay for college and I can get good benefits. After getting my bachelors, I would like to continue my education with a Master’s in business management.

When you plan ahead you are doing the best thing you can do for your education and future. When I planned this I felt like there was a weight lifted off my shoulders.
- Danaisha, 8th grade

1 comment:

  1. Danaisha, you are wise to have a plan - stick to it! May I suggest you add one important facet? The Bible says, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart; and do not rely on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths" Proverbs 3:5-6. Even when you achieve prominence and affluence, by themselves they will leave you feeling empty. When the Lord is first, you can have meaning and contentment in any circumstances. Thank you for sharing your plan!

    ReplyDelete